Keeping your data and the data of your clients safe, secure and confidential should be at the core of everyone’s interests from businesses and private citizens alike.
Criminals are getting smarter and any piece of personal information can be used to commit fraud and cyber fraud, luckily our government takes data protection very seriously. Every business is required to follow strict GDPR standards. Junkwize can help you to be compliant and safe from being targeted costing your business thousands of pounds and most importantly its reputation.
Confidential waste disposal is the process of destroying printed documents, computer data and other products containing personal or private information in a fully responsible manner. This type of waste must be destroyed in order to prevent any chance of it falling into the wrong hands, whether through accidents or by general carelessness on behalf of employees who neglect to use the appropriate bins or shred and destroy their documents before discarding them.
All of the secure shred confidential waste disposal services are fully compliant and trained to industry leading practices so you can be sure you’re working with a trusted supplier.
The following steps are followed when disposing of confidential waste:
1. All items that need to be disposed of are placed into a secure container labelled ‘confidential waste’.
2. Trained staff collects all containers and takes them to a secure area within the premises.
3. Electronics, such as computers and mobile phones, are wiped using approved data destruction software to prevent any sensitive information from being accessed by unauthorised parties in future.
4. Paper documents are fed directly into an industrial shredder.
5. Once all items have been destroyed to industry standards , the materials themselves are transferred to various recyclers across the country as raw materials.
6. The staff members who gathered and destroyed the confidential waste are subject to confidentiality agreements and must sign a declaration that they will adhere to all company policies in relation to treating confidential materials with the utmost care and respect at all times.
Apart from our confidential data destruction services, Junkwize can offer you compliant disposal of hard drives and IT containing data, on-site and off-site paper shredding so you can rest assured that your data and those that you work with is protected and safe.
Please call us on 0203 432 2118 or email us to discuss your needs.